Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Liebster Award



Heyyyyy

The time has come! I was nominated to do this award/tag a while ago by Florence from Love From Florence Grace and I had been meaning to (I promise) and when I was nominated again by Dee from Coffee Talk with Dee I got the nudge I needed to actually do it. I feel so grateful to have been nominated because I am far from a well-established blogger in the blogging community or even someone who is consistently involved in it, so thank you so much to Florence and Dee for nominating me!  


Basically, the Liebster Award is 11 questions that someone nominates you to answer and once you answer the questions you’ve been asked, you can set 11 new questions or keep the same ones you answered and nominate more bloggers of your choice. As I’ve been nominated twice, I decided not to bore you with 20+ questions and pick my favourite 11 to answer.

1. How did you decide what you wanted your blog to be about?
At first it seemed easy, beauty and fashion is what I love so it made sense to talk about it but I'm recently becoming more aware of the fact that there are more profound topics that concern me also, other than my favourite shades of lipstick. I guess the key is to talk about what you like!

2. What got you into makeup/beauty?
It was a gradual thing for me. It started with getting my first MAC foundation when I got my makeup done there for my prom and my first MAC lipsticks, which you can read all about here, then Youtube was a massive catalyst. I first watched Shaaanxo and Gabriella from VelvetGh0st's videos religiously and somehow a year later I watch about 3 hours of youtube videos a day (lol), so YouTube is mostly to blame!

3. Have you tried Charlotte Tilbury's products? What do you think?
I have her Colour Chameleon eye pencil in Amber Haze and it's okay but whenever I use it I end up adding more eyeshadow on top of it for more 'oompf' so never see what it wears like alone. I am dying to try the Filmstar Bronze and Glow, Matte Revolution lipsticks and Rock 'n' Kohl eye pencils. However, it's all way too 'upper high end' for my budget but maybe one day I will treat myself. 

4. What's the longest you've gone without wearing any makeup?
Probably the 13/14 years I went before I started wearing it? Is that cheating? No ragrets.

5. What's one part of your daily routine you absolutely can't miss?
Even on my laziest days I have to do at least a basic skincare routine i.e. cleanse, tone, moisturise or I just feel clogged up and eurgh. Also, breakfast.

6. Best book you've read is? 
I'm yet to find my favourite book but Perks of being a Wallflower means a lot to me and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart was the best book I read last year.

7. Salted or sweet popcorn?
Sweet, always!!!!! People who like Salt popcorn baffle and sicken me and don't even get me started on people who enjoy a mixture of the two...

8. Who's your most influential idol and why?
It took a while for me to think of this because I'm not someone who worships Beyonce or Oprah or one person's life work in particular but someone I find very inspirational is Emma Watson. Especially because I'm doing my A-Levels at the moment, I'm kind of getting by living by the motto that if Emma Watson can get three A's whilst being Emma Watson, I have absolutely no excuse. I also love her style, how she's handled being exposed to the public eye from such a young age and used her "fame" to bring to light important issues.

9. If you could do anything, without thinking of factors or consequences, what would you do?
I'd go to special fx makeup school whilst simultaneously traveling the world, learning how to do a backhand spring, finding myself, writing a bucket list, completing said bucket list, studying a law degree, being rich, eradicating world poverty and learning how to drive. Ha.

10. What product have you used that really stands out in your mind? (It can be anything not just beauty).
I bought the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream last week and it literally amazes me every day. It can be used in a gazillion ways and though I didn't expect it to smell or look like it does, that cannot retract from the fact that it's PHENOMENAL!

11. How did you meet your best friend?
I met her at Brownies/ Girl Guides and she introduced herself in a way that can only be described as Verbal Diarrhea. I was so freaked out that I told my friend I was with that I thought she was really, really weird. Considering I vowed then to avoid her indefinitely, it's hilarious that we still even know each other now!

I nominate the following bloggers to answer these questions:
Thanks for reading!
Olivia xo

2 comments:

  1. Im always for sweet popcorn too!! I've also nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers tag :) xxx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The questions are excellent, can't wait to answer them xxx

      Delete