Thursday 18 December 2014

THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS/NYE PARTY DRESS FOR UNDER £30

Having an event springing up out of nowhere and hitting you in the gut when you realise that you have nothing to wear is a problem that I feel content avoiding. What with Christmas presents to buy, having to budget in a brand new £100 outfit is something no one needs in their life...

So I teamed up with House of Fraser to galavant about in the perfect LBD for the Party season that won't break the bank!

Naturally I paired it with my New Look heels (only size 8's left on asos but similar ones here and herewhich have recently become my HG heeled footwear choice. I've wanted a pair of Saint Laurent Jane dupes for ages now but I stray too far away from dainty elegance and sophistication to feel comfortable in them. These however, are the perfect androgynous option because of the chunky jagged platform and for £24.99 it was a bargain that I could not miss out on.


Because the dress is black you can really play up your makeup (which I jumped at the chance to do) or add in a statement pop of colour through your accessories or shoes. I concocted an impromptu smokey eye with my trusted Urban Decay Naked Palette and on the lips used MAC's Brave Red which I think is the perfect Christmas sheeny but not glossy red lip.

T
he arms of the dress add just the right amount of drama to the look to make it appropriate for the Festive season. The flower-like (not floral) pattern is also ties in well with the Christmassy vibes. It think it's a great length on me but I'm 5ft4 so if you're a taller lady I would take that into consideration here.


That being said, my favourite thing about this dress is that it isn't exclusively Christmas appropriate like some of the sequin numbers that emerge in the shops at this time of year. It's versatile enough to wear all year round, especially in Autumn/Winter with some tights, Dr Martens and a nice warm coat.

OUTFIT TIME!


Mela Loves London Flower Lace dress in a Size 10




Would it really be a Christmas blog post
without an obligatory tree-side picture?
Now for the bit that matters most, the price. At £26 you are getting a well made, true to size, understated yet fancy wardrobe essential! If you want to check it out on the website the link is here.

A massive thank you goes to House of Fraser and the lovely team I was in contact with, for sending me this dress and I hope you guys enjoyed this post! 

Thanks for reading!
Feel free to leave a comment of what you think of this outfit below and follow me on bloglovin'!

Olivia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment