Wednesday 8 October 2014

My Closet Confidential Tag

This tag was created by Fleur De Force (original video here) quite some time ago but when I saw the questions I couldn't resist doing it myself! Here's my closet confidential tag! 

1. What is the oldest item in your wardrobe/closet?


My mother dug this out for me from the 'clothes from her youth' section of her wardrobe about two years ago and it's been my favourite item of clothing since. I often find myself wishing I lived a life in which I could wear it more often because it's so beautiful and unique. I've actually never seen anything like it until the other day when saw this picture of Cara Delevingne in a Burberry outfit featuring something very similar. (I almost had to pat my mother on the back for being so ahead of the game). I also love that it has sentimental value, I mean can you believe that this has been kicking about since the 80's?



2. What is the newest item?






I honestly feel like my purchasing of these Topshop Hayden jeans was fate. So as the story goes, I tried these on like 3 weeks before I bought them and fell in love but at the time I was broke so didn't get them. I went into the same Topshop once I'd been paid for a swift browse, tried them on again, bought them AND they'd been reduced from £25 to £15. Now if that isn't fate I don't know what is. Buying these was one of those times where you leave the shop with a massively creepy grin on your face and the urge to tell the world about the amazing bargain you'd just found but at the same time faced the harsh truth that no-one actually cares...






3. What is the most expensive item?



As a 17 year old student who spends more time broke than not, it's fair to say I'm not really at the prime of my life for expensive splurges. Therefore, when browsing for an item to answer this question with, the options were much bleaker than the Louboutins, Chanel bags and Valentino dresses of my dreams. Alas, for now, my most expensive item would have to be my Russell and Bromley black patent Chesters.





4. What is the most affordable/cheapest item (that you use a lot)?




This one hands down goes to this vintage Ralph Lauren shirt I got for £5 from one of the Rokit stores on Brick Lane a few years ago. It goes with EVERYTHING and can be chucked on, tucked in, layered, worn alone, dressed up: the lot. I really need to visit a Rokit soon and pick up a few more shirts because they make forming nice outfits so easy! 
 

5. What was the biggest bargain?

About a month ago whilst browsing the men's section of Primark for some basic tops I saw this shirt in the sale for £1. At first I didn't believe it but it was actually only £1, amazing right? This is another shirt that goes with everything and completes every outfit and is probably the best bargain I ever have/will pick up.






6. What was the biggest waste of money?






It makes me so sad to have to give this one to my Timberlands. I got them for Christmas last year and thought they'd be perfect for putting a boyish edge to a typically girly outfit but they never look as nice on as they do in theory. I feel like they make me look shorter which doesn't help my already short frame and so they hardly ever get worn. I'm hoping this autumn/winter they'll become more loved but at the moment it's just not working out between us...


7. What are your 3 favorite items right now?



I'm going through a really lazy style stage at the moment and I'm loving just chucking on simplistic outfits. Therefore my black Topshop Joni jeans, plain tees from the mens section of Primark and these heeled Chelsea boots from New Look (also featured in this blog post) are being constantly reached for right now! 







8. What is the most outrageous/colorful item in your closet (that you absolutely love)?




This was a tough one. I love lairy prints and colours and these two rank joint first for very obvious reasons. This Orange H&M jumper is so bright it surprises me that it doesn't glow in the dark and this leopard print Vera Moda shirt dress (that I learned whilst taking these photos is way too short to ever be worn as a dress again) is also pretty loud, but much easier to tone down than the orange jumper. I love them both dearly!




And that's all the questions, thanks for reading!
 A massive thank you goes to my best friend Georgia for helping me with most of the pictures on this post.
If you've done this tag, feel free to leave the links of them in the comments, I'd love to read/watch them!

Thanks for reading :)

Olivia xo

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this post, I've not seen this post before!
    Loves! Kimamely Xx. (kimamely.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it!! Keep in touch xx
    (http://oliviamakesupstyle.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete