Wednesday 17 September 2014

THE BEST MAC LIPSTICK DUPE AROUND

Mac Rebel vs. Wet 'n' Wild Sugar Plum Fairy

MAC- Rebel

MAC- Rebel

Sugarplum Fairy

Sugarplum Fairy
If you are a MAC enthusiast you will be well aware of the buzzing popularity surrounding the satin finish lipstick Rebel. It is a pretty iconic bold pink-berry-plum shade (and quite hard to identify as one colour alone.) So naturally I was delighted to discover that my sister already has it just before I was going to purchase it a couple of months ago. I didn't see the point in buying one for myself seeing as I view my sister's lipstick collection is an handy extension of my own so decided to try the highly talked about dupe by the american drugstore brand Wet 'n' Wild. 

The Wet 'n' Wild shade is called Sugar Plum Fairy 980C and gives a matte finish but isn't drying if you apply a moisturising lip balm beforehand. The colour is spot on with Rebel, but admittedly it doesn't apply as smoothly due to the shape of the lip bullet (pictured) so I would recommend whacking on some lipliner before you apply for better precision; my personal preference for these lipsticks and what I have on in the pictures is More to Love by MAC.

The packaging of the Wet 'n' Wild lipstick is quite cheap but the quality of the formula makes this an easily forgivable feature. It is just as long wearing and pigmented as Rebel and you can go most of the day with either of them on your lips and only have to worry about reapplying after eating.

What I think makes these two so similar is the fact that both are incredibly versatile. The more you put on the vampier it gets and every time you apply it you can get a different look. You can layer for vampy autumn/winter days or nights, pat lightly into your lips a subtle hot pink or just apply one layer for a bold berry look.

Most importantly, Sugar Plum Fairy is MUCH cheaper than Rebel. I bought mine from Amazon for £4.60 and it's currently sold out but you can buy them from eBay here. It's an excellent money saver compared to the £15 MAC charges for Rebel. 

Overall: SugarPlum Fairy is a matte version of Rebel and a dead ringer for it. However, if you strongly despise matte lipstick it probably isn't for you.

What MAC lipstick dupes are your favourite?

Olivia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment